Fox Poll: Voters Show Disdain for Trump, Barr on Probe
Written by MagaFirstNews on May 17, 2019
A Fox News poll released Thursday shows disdain for President Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr following the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- 46% of voters approve of the way Mueller handled the probe, compared to 32% who disapprove.
- 55% of Democrats and 38% of Republicans approve of Mueller’s job.
- Voters picked Mueller over Trump when asked who they trust more to tell the truth.
- 44% of voters disapprove of the job Barr is doing, compared to 35% who approve.
- Additionally, 45% of voters describe Barr’s behavior as “covering up” the report, while 33% say he is “being transparent.”
- 58% think the FBI broke the law when it started investigating the Trump campaign; 24% say it is “extremely” likely, 14% say it is very likely, and 20% say it is “somewhat” likely.
- 50% of voters oppose impeaching Trump and removing him from office, while 42% say they do not.
The poll comes a few days after Barr appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia probe and determine if intelligence collection involving the Trump campaign was “lawful and appropriate.”
Source: NewsMax America